Re: Dissecting CFLs

In article <6sCdnUss9fNcTf_bnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>,
	"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Has anyone cut open a CFL before?  Any pointers?

Yes, and I've reused the control gear...
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/lights/diy/

At the time I wrote that article, low power electronic control
gear was somewhere between expensive and unavailable. Now that
it's more readily available, I wouldn't actually suggest reusing
it from dead lamps, although the downlighters covered at the
end of that article are all still running from the original
8 year old control gear from some Philips PL Electronic CFLs.
They've probably had about 4 lamp changes over that period.

--
Andrew Gabriel