Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 23:11:27 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
<Cb6dnYe7d_DrSfnbnZ2dnUVZ_vKunZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Oops.  NEPA passed in 1969 which was
>> our Sophomore Slump year -- we closed
>> down the school over another war ...
>
>I never closed down a school but perhaps
>you remember when a bunch of long-hairs
>shut down the New Jersey Turnpike as
>part of the anti-war protest, after the march
>on the Pentagon...  :^)

Right. On one of my 300-mile round trips to DC, I accumulated beaucoup
positive carbon-credits by hitch-hiking <joke intended> .

What I meant was that so many of us went to DC that the school was
effectively down. It was/is UN Sec Gen Kofi-Annan's (among others) alma
mater;  foreign affairs mattered to us then,  as they do now.

"Home automation" and its successors has a role to play in changing the
world positively. The discussion in this newsgroup is having difficulty
rising to the challenge however.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org