Re: Neutral terminal on X-10 type wall switch

"Ian Shef" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> m77oi.22$Nf4.7@trndny08:">news:m77oi.22$Nf4.7@trndny08:
>

>> "Ian Shef" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>> _YKni.10414$yx4.9624@trndny08:">news:_YKni.10414$yx4.9624@trndny08:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>> I did this experiment and the light stayed on when the switch was in the
>> open (off) position.  I removed all the bulbs, even though they are CFs
>> and there would be no current through the load when they were off in any
>> case.
> I disagree.  As described in this newsgroup previously, CF lamps have
> electronic sircuitry that can conduct current even when there is
> insufficient current to light the flourescent bulb.

Your answer brings up one (hopefully) last question: if CF bulbs normally
carry a tiny bit of current when the switch is off, but the breaker on, why
can they not be turned on and off by a standard X-10 switch?  As I said
previously, my standard X-10 switch works fine controlling 5 lamps in
parallel (track lights) with 4 being CFs and one incandescent, but won't
work if all five are CFs.
--
Peace,
BobJ