Re: CF light bulbs and X10 modules

After lots of searching, I found the following and am posting it here
in case it can help others.  Also, it looks like part of the info
trhat was in the X10 kbase has been removed. That is the all important
jpg has been blamked out.  And I didn't find any explicit
"how-to-do-this" threads in this newsgroup.

So here is what I found.  Please add corrections if this is wrong.

X10 kbase link
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Local_Control_for_Lamp_And_Appliance_Modules

x10community.com forums relevant thread with link to pdf with picture
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=19434d1775a0e979c372fa79c5f86469&topic=12989.new

Pdf with jpg on cutting the diode for ocal sense current
http://www.remotehead.com/Docs/ModificationToAnApplianceModuleToReduceCurrentLeakage.pdf

text from one post in that thread says there are two mods needed
1) cut jumper or trace to IC pin 7
2) cut or remove diode in current sensing circuit

Since there seem to be modules out here with different ciucuits but
the same module number, some of the changes may not apply to the newer
modules.

And I note that at least with the first two on the modules, one
2-prong & the other 3-prong, that I have opened up, the circuit boards
appear identical.  These modules are fairly old ones purchased at
least 10 years ago.

So for these I make both Mods, right?

What do the newer modules look like?  Does any body have a picture? &
maybe a note on what mods they may need?

ClamRake