Re: How to create trigger and macro?

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am making use of powerlinc v2 controller usb [2414u] along with some
>insteon and x10 modules.I am working on a c# 2005 project and not
>making use of any software. I want to know about certain things:-
>1. Do PLC contains any inbuilt macros and triggers if yes how can we
>access/use them.
>2. If I want to create a macro/trigger do current version of PLC
>support this?
>3. Since I am not familiar with macro/trigger much and also creation
>of these vary with controller(s) so how can I create a macro/trigger
>if I want to create one and attach it with PLC for use. Will it takes
>long to lear macro/trigger creation
>Thanks
>Arnie

This would best be asked on the Smarthome forums.

There are no built-in macros/triggers.

I think that you need to buy an SDK license (& SDK) in order to get the
necessary documentation to create your own software for this. Support for
the lower levels of the SDK license is nearly non-existent consisting of
developer's forums where you may or may not learn what you need.

There is a free software application that lets you load timers and macros
into the PLC's memory. You may have to do some searching on Smarthome's
(confused & confusing) web page to find it. Or, again, ask on the Smarthome
forums.