Which control program...

I'm looking for recommendations for a control program to run on a general
purpose windows XP box (eg not a dedicated server).

Initially I just want to be able to schedule X10 commands to simulate
activity if I am away from the house in the evening.

Later I may want to be able to use it intercept X10 commands from something
like a PIR sensor and have it trigger a macro with delays. eg so that
someone triggering the PIR lat at night sets off a sequence of X10 commands
that simulates activity in the house.

Thanks