CF light bulbs and X10 modules

For some Compact Florescent light bulbs, I am finding that not every
X10 appliance module work correctly.  It seems to be the 2-prong
modules that have this problem.  But it is not every module with every
CF bulb that I'm using.

The problem seems to be that they do not turn off and completely stay
off.  After the relay "goes click" the CF lamp turns off but then
begins to blink dimly.  And the relay sometimes turns itself back on.
At other times this dim bl;inking continues "forever".

Is there a difference in the way 2-prong and 3-prong X10 appliance
modules are designed that would be expected to cause this?

Since the neutral is not for current handling, the only dif I can see
it making is perhaps better filtering in the 3-prong modules.  I find
it hard to imagine that the module's residual or baseline current to
run itself is enough to power anything in the CF lamp.

And this is a bit of a problem in my old house where not all the
wiring has been or will be replaced anytime soon with grounded romex.
That particularly applies to the lighting circuits where ceiling
fixture rewiring can be a very destructive process.  My intent has
been to switch over entirely to CF light bulbs and implement X10 for
lights control.

btw I read the articles I found on X10 & CF bulbs.  But if I missed
the relevant paragraph, please give me the link.

Thanks
ClamRake