Re: which x10 transceiver module to use?

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have a PowerLinv V2 controller [USB] with 2 insteon signal linc
>connected in each phase of 110V/50Hz in a 2-single phase connections.
>There are x10 lamp module [LM465] along with motion sensor MS14A set
>to the house code of lamp module. The motion sensor is working by
>turning on the lamp module when any motion is detected but the PLC is
>not getting any feedback corresponding to the motion sensor activity
>Is the motion sensor working with the aid of signal linc.
>What x10 transceiver module can i make use of in conjunction with
>sensor
>Thanks
>Arnie

The Signalincs do not transmit X-10 but only Insteon.

I think you say the motion sensor is now turning on the LM465. That is not
possible without an X-10 transceiver (e.g. TM751, RR501) unless you have a
motion sensor that sends directly to the powerline. Even with an X-10
transceiver, the Powerlinc will only get feedback if the transceiver is on
the same phase as the Powerlinc.

Normally, I recommend the Leviton HCPRF as it handles all housecodes but,
with your installation being so non-standard, it may not be worth the extra
cost. The best alternative is the X-10 RR501. It receives both via RF and
via the powerline (and responds to Status Request for its relay) while the
TM751 responds only to RF.

Leviton HCPRF: http://www.smarthome.com/4017.html
X-10 RR501:    http://www.smarthome.com/4005x.html
X-10 TM751:    http://www.smarthome.com/4002.html

As someone else has already suggested, you need to include the model numbers
for all hardware to avoid confusion. X-10 compatible equipment is made by
several companies and features differ from model to model and from
manufacturer to manufacturer.