Re: reterive status of x10 devices using c#

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply
>It is an X10 pro lamp module with model LM465.A lamp is connected to
>it. I am sending commands through powerlinc v2 controller [USB] via
>the smarthome device manager. I have also seen the back side of lamp
>module where it is not mentioned that it is two way or not, how can i
>know whether it is 2-way or not.
>Tell me one more thing if an x10 pro is two way what event it will
>fire when queried for status request. Though supply frequency
>mentioned on it is 60Hz but i am using 50Hz
>The ON/Off commands are working for this lamp module
>Thanks once again

The LM465 is the standard lamp module. It does not respond to Status
Request.

For the few X-10 made modules that do respond (LM14A, AM14A, RR501), the
response only reflects the state of the module not the state of the load.
For example, the lamp may still have a defective or missing bulb.

What line voltage are you using at 50Hz?

As I noted in my earlier response, many of the Smarthome made modules and
switches respond to Status Request and to state changes by sending Preset
Dim codes indicating the actual level. This is the actual level of the load
not just of the module.