Re: reterive status of x10 devices using c#

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi
>I am working on a c# 2005 project using SDM [from smarthome]. My PC is
>connected to powerlinc controller through USB. I have one x10 pro
>device that is connected to a lamp module. I want to query the status
>of the lamp module [On/Off] so i have tried sendX10 "A1, Status
>Request" but it does not work
>Any idea/alternative for this
>Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "one x10 pro device that is connected to a
lamp module" but assume that your lamp module is A1 and it's connected
directly to the powerline. Not all X-10 made lamp modules respond to Status
Request. It's been a long time since I worked with this but IIRC only the
2-way lamp module responds. I don't know the X-10 Pro model designation but
the X-10 un-Pro version is LM14A.

If you are just starting out, you should consider using Smarthome's lamp
modules, etc. Many of them respond to Status Request with a Preset Dim code
indicating their current level. They also send this automatically any time
there is a change in the state of the device, reducing the need to query.