Re: Battery Backup Failing (X10 Protector Plus security console)

On Jan 24, 8:07 am, "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <gkamiene...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:1169562149.978411.311960@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My next "best guess" is that during the storm and the powerblips you got a
> surge of some sort that popped something on the board.  I'd very much doubt
> if it's the battery harness wires - more likely to be components involved in
> detecting line voltage and switching in the battery when 110VAC is absent.
> The battery harness wires usually fail during battery replacement time when
> you remove the old battery and pull on the harness and the snap connector.
> I've had 9v connectors break at the middle so it might be something to
> check.  It doesn't seem likely in your case, though, because the light came
> on long before you fiddled with the battery.
>
> --
> Bobby G.

My fault for not testing the old battery before throwing it away.  I
had thought that the 9v had drained "normally" during the ice storm
power outages, whereas in reality the low battery light may have come
on from system board damage.  Had I tested the suspect battery (because
the low batt light was on) rather than just blindly replace it, and had
it tested positively, that would have told me that the problem was with
the console's electronics.