Re: IR543 and Macros

On 10 Jan 2007 19:38:40 -0800, "craigdt-online@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<craigdt-online@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<1168486720.260232.77730@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> craigdt-online@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I have a CM11a computer module with a couple macros set up in it.  I
> > also have the Transceiver Module (RR501) and an IR543.  I have to have
> > the IR543, so my Universal IR Remote can control my X10.  When I send
> > lights on/off/dim signals via the IR543, everything works fine.
> > However, when I send a macro (using 5 off in my case), nothing happens
> > with the IR543.  Through the RR501, it works fine.
> >
> > Any ideas why this might not work.  The IR543 should just send the same
> > type of signal as a light for the macro, right?
> >
> > BTW, I have several light and appliance modules as well.
> >

> > Thanks.
>
> I think I now have some ideas what is going on.  It appears to be a
> phase issue.  When the oven/dryer is on, everything works all the time.
>  However, what is weird is that that the CM11a controls EVERYTHING
> without an issue.  Yet with the IR543, it doesn't seem to be able to
> get the signal to the CM11a.  If I turn the oven/dryer on, it works.
> It is kind of peculiar, but it seems like I need a coupler.  Any
> suggestions on the best/easiest ones to use.
>
> Thanks.

Easiest would be a 220V plug-in coupler.  Since it works with the dryer
on, you could probably get by, /at least for those particular
locations/, with a passive coupler:
http://www.smarthome.com/4816a2.html 4-pin, or
http://www.smarthome.com/4816b2.html 3-pin
The 4-pin coupler has worked well for me for several years.

If you have a larger home, and/or you plan to expand in the future, you
could go with a considerably more expensive active coupler/repeater:
http://www.smarthome.com/4826a.html 4-pin
http://www.smarthome.com/4826b.html 3-pin

--
Just Another Joe        Remove .windows to reply.
Why be politically correct, when you can be right?