HAI OMNI PRO II Light switches

I want to control mostly lights and scenes with this HA unit.  I
already have it.   When I went to their  website they recommend upb
switches and dimmers.  Only problem is that these switches sell on
average for $80.  Are these things worth it?     The unit will
apparantly control x10 too.   I hear a lot of bad things about x10
though.

Any comments opions or experiance will be appreaciated.  Thanks PaUL.