IR543 and Macros

I have a CM11a computer module with a couple macros set up in it.  I
also have the Transceiver Module (RR501) and an IR543.  I have to have
the IR543, so my Universal IR Remote can control my X10.  When I send
lights on/off/dim signals via the IR543, everything works fine.
However, when I send a macro (using 5 off in my case), nothing happens
with the IR543.  Through the RR501, it works fine.

Any ideas why this might not work.  The IR543 should just send the same
type of signal as a light for the macro, right?

BTW, I have several light and appliance modules as well.

Thanks.