Re: Time for HA, finally. Thinking Insteon. Mulling this for 20 years. What is best?

> As I've written previously in this newsgroup, an in-wall dimmer with a
> standard receptacle would be a violation of the US National Electrical code
> 110-3(B)+ 404.14(E) and bad practice to boot.
>
> And an in-line dimmer powering a duplex wall receptacle would also be a
> violation and should not be recommended for that and other good reasons.

That makes sense.  Luckily the Insteon stuff only takes up one plug in
the outlet.  Gots to look forward to pulling the couch out another
couple inches :)

Eeek about the recall rate.  I got a $99 deal on the repeaters and the
dimmers, and they didn;t come with the 7 year warrantee availability.