Re: Remote light switch - halogen

L. M. Rappaport <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm not overseas and so not aware of what is available for 240v 50 hz
>but I'd guess what you are looking for is available.

While he's probably feeling "at sea" he probably feels he's not "overseas"
either.

The AW10U is neither wireless nor battery operated so I'm not sure how it
might be part of a solution.

There are battery operated RF switches available from a few European sources
but I haven't noticed a companion receiver that would work in this case.
Most of the RF receiver types are plug-in wall modules.

Some names for searches...

     Ansen Electronics
     Gamma klik aan klik uit
     OTIO
     Elro
     Intertechno
     Jung Radio Management
     Philips SBC SK 305
     Clipsal Ulti RF
     Marelco Waveman
     Funkschalter SET RS-202
     Gira

All use 433.92MHz. Unfortunately most have their own protocols it is
necessary to find transmitter and receiver from the same source.

Ansen's 0536 is a battery operated switch and their 0446 is a wireless light
socket. The OP will have to decide whether they fit his needs and then
contact Ansen to see who offers them in Europe. I seem to recall that they
were offered by a few vendors under their own brand names.

http://davehouston.net