Re: DST change and home auto...

Dave Houston wrote:
> jr9@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>There is a method to patch Windows 95, 98 and ME for DST.  It is not a
> But it's harder than my earlier suggestion of disabling Automatic DST and
> using D4 to keep the clock synced with an NTP server - which has the added
> advantage of keeping the clock accurate year round.

and requiring a network connection.

frankly, imho, anyone runnin WIN9x or WINme would be foolish to have it
connected to external networks for many many security reasons.

Win9x is a great dos-with-GUI for handling automation or other tasks,
it should no longer be considered an internet platform.

of course you could provide NTP services from WITHIN a private network.
but that is overkill when patching once won't kill you.

   -k