Re: Do Panasonic KX-61610's (phone system) die after 16 years?

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:42:08 -0500, "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Don Wiss" <donwiss@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:15:14 -0500, Petem <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>if you buy 4 VOIP telephone (from 35$ to 250$ depend of the model),run 4 cat
>>>5 cable to those phone,take an old PII computer and a line card (about
>>>20.00$) you have the same system then your panasonic system,and more,not how
>>>much would you pay for the replacement of your panasonic system?
>>
>> And home many hours of labor to pull it off? What if I value my time at
>> $100/hour? I have more than four phones here. How much electricity would
>> that old PII computer suck 24/7? And then I'd have to give up some space
>> somewhere to put it. No thanks.
>>
>> Instead I've ordered an 824, the 308 upgrade (to get me back to the 6x16
>> capability), two 7731s, and one 7736. This will give me seven proprietary
>> phones. I don't need quite so many proprietary ones, but Panasonic gives
>> their dealers 20% discounts when three phones are packaged with an 824.
>
>Well if you value your time at such a high level,don't loose your precious
>time on old obsolete stuff like that and get someone paid at a lower level
>to change that old system to anew one,and it will be paid very fast,at the
>rate you supplied us,only a few day of work and its done..
>
>and a pc like a PII usually pull 300 watt max,much like your old Panasonic
>stuff...
>
>p.s. I was trying to help,but since you are hoping to save a penny by
>keeping an old obsolete system alive,go for it..
>
>I know what I will answer next time you ask a question here....

Huh? I don't follow. Yes, I am keeping my existing proprietary phone sets.
I plan to move a couple to unimportant locations, and put one aside as a
spare. I just ordered an all new system, and the three new phones will be
my primary ones. I made sure everything I ordered was the latest model. I
don't know where you get the idea that I'm trying to keep my old system
alive. My total outlay for what I listed above was $968.

By hooking the 824 to my PC via a USB cable I expect to be able to program
it in a very short time. Unfortunately I won't be able to modify the
program this way, unless I buy some devices that allow USB to run over an
80' network cable run. I have an extra network cable between my PC and
where the PBX gets mounted.