Re: Do Panasonic KX-61610's (phone system) die after 16 years?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:59:49 -0500, "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If the OP like to play with his stuff,he should look at Asterisk, a pbx
>system that do VOIP locally and have all the function of a big pbx for a
>fraction of the cost
>
>he should take a look at
>
>http://www.asterisk.org/

The OP does not plan to change the proprietary Panasonic phones that he
has. Doing so would double the cost. As for the comment about getting more
functionality, the current system has way more features than I'd ever use.
What it does lack is caller ID passthrough. Caller ID came out right after
I installed the unit. And my unit is not upgradeable. I checked.

I tried to find out what the current Panasonic model is. Panasonic sticks
the label Easa-Phone on all their telephone products, making searching on
that practically useless.

I'm looking at eBay now. I found a used Panasonic KX-TA624 phone system. In
the description I find "there was some bad phone ports." Hmm...