Re: Occupation sensor that works with people sitting still?

techman41973@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am searching for an occupation sensor to control lighting that can
> sense occupation even if the person is remaining still (watching TV in
> bed, sitting behind a computer).
> Are there any solutions for this application?

This has been an interesting thread.

I have a x10 hawkeye in my family room, and granted there are times I'm
watching TV and not really moving - usually snoozin! - and there is no
motion detected for a period of time.  But if I've awake, there's enough
motion to keep retriggering it.  Using a delay of say 16 minutes, I've
had little problem.

While I don't have a motion sensor in with the computers, I'd really
expect that there would be enough motion to keep retriggering there too.

The key with the hawkeye is to sense motion at all times - not just when
dark.

As far as other triggers, however, it might be a bit too sensitive.
There's been times that I've noticed the lights in the family room get
turned on by a 10 lb cat that like to sleep on the back of the couch!

The interesting thing in the original post is "watching TV in bed".  I
guess something that's needed is a "person there and awake" mode, so
occupancy isn't the only condition.