Re: Occupation sensor that works with people sitting still?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote in message
> > I don't know if it's anywhere near ready yet but I have hopes that
> > eventually RFID technology may be able to provide a solution to this
> > problem.
>
> I don't see that ever being viable in the home.  I have no desire to have
> keep a sensor on me.  What if I'm walking bare-assed naked back from the
> shower?

Future HA PC to Failsafe processor: "Naked man detected by image recognition
software moving through house.  Cannot confirm as occupant."

Failsafe processor: "Immobilize subject with Roomba/Taserbot and call
police!"

Big thud!

> I'm supposed to have some widget on me?

If you had my dog in the shower with you naked, you'd have some serious
questions to answer.  How did you know her name? (-:

> No thanks.  Same deal goes because of style.  If I am wearing a watch,
which one?
> I've got a dozen qdifferent ones.
>
> So no, I don't see on-person modules ever being an effective solution.
> Certainly not as a sole indicator.

Most of us have assumed that when it comes time to for all of us to be
chipped like  dogs, you won't go stand in that line willingly!  (-:
Unfortunately, I believe that so many people *will* submit to having an
implant that those who don't will lose out on some nifty technologies.  Or
government health and welfare benefits.  Or security clearances.  Or
whatever.  Got no implants?  You can't enter the HOV-8 lane or whatever it
will be by then.  No implant?  Get in the longest line at the airport.

If it's coming for pets, parts and packaged goods, it's coming for us, too.

And shouldn't this whole thread be renamed "occupancy" instead of
"occupation" - there's a significant difference in meaning between those two
words, at least to me.

--
Bobby G.