Re: Starting Computer through X10

On Feb 7, 12:16 pm, "bruceR" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When starting your computer you can press an F key, usually F2 or F10 -
> watch for it during boot up - to get into your System BIOS. In there you
> will find an option to "Auto Restart on Power-Up"  or something to that
>  By selecting that the PC will start up when power is applied at the
> plug - no buttons to push or wiring needed.

Thanks for the idea. I tried going into my bios and found what you
were referring to. I set it to "Start Up after Power Restored". I then
shut the computer down and unplugged it. When I re-plugged it in to
power, nothing happened. I am not sure if there is a mother board
jumper that I might have to check. Perhaps I will have to do something
like Frank suggested. I will check out some of the computer newsgroup
forums as well. I hope I can get it to work. I am not interested in
shutting it off, only turning it on. I can shut it off easily enough
from the mouse.

Pat