Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

> Unfortunately I don't know enough about
> Elk programming to determine how easy
> it would be implement...

Piece of cake.  You can download a demo version of the ELK-M1G configuration software from ELK's website.

> I've been monitoring the freezer temp at
> dead center of a full freezer and it swings
> quite a bit.  It "damps out" fairly quickly,
> but I'm worried that a door left open for a
> minute will trip it...

If all you want the system to do is warn you
what difference does it make if it "falses"
when you have the door open?  You could
easily add a door open sensor and set up a
delay on it.  The ELK-M1G can be set to
ignore temperature swings for a few minutes
when the door is open.  It can also be told
to warn you if the door stays open too long.

> I'd pay $150 for a collar that could give
> me 30 seconds of warning that the dog's
> bomb bay doors or ballast tanks are about
> to open.

Why not just install a doggy door so she can
leave her stuff outside where it belongs?

> Now that you've described how nice it is,
> I'll bet I'll be bidding against some fellow
> CHA'ers when the next one comes up on
> Ebay...

The TS300 retails for $64.50.

--