Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

Hi Robert,

I monitor our freezer in the attached garage.  I use an Ademco TS300
with a optional remote probe which is inside the freezer.  This is a
self defrost freezer and so it has a warm period of about 20 minutes
each day.  I allow for this in my Elk M1G by starting a timer for 30
minutes when the zone alarms.  At the end of 30 minutes if the zone is
still faulted it beeps the keypads and displays a message and logs the
event.

These TS300 sensors show up on eBay every so often (be sure it
includes the optional remote probe) and seem to be quite accurate and
can be programmed.  The have both hi and low alarm setpoints.  See
link below.

http://www.ademco.com.cn/pdf/TS300%20install.pdf