Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

"John, SW Missouri" <jmjones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1170524197.615279.203030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Robert,
>
> I monitor our freezer in the attached garage.

Do you know how much electricity it consumes?

> I use an Ademco TS300 with a optional remote probe which
> is inside the freezer.  This is a self defrost freezer and so it
> has a warm period of about 20 minutes each day.  I allow for
> this in my Elk M1G by starting a timer for 30 minutes when
> the zone alarms.  At the end of 30 minutes if the zone is
> still faulted it beeps the keypads and displays a message and
> logs the event.

Excellent information.  I'm assuming you've measured the temperature changes
or power usage to determine the defrost time.  I seem to recall it was more
variable in my unit than I expected.  You've confirmed, however, what I am
looking for is a way to detect a "warm up" that's not followed by a cold
enough "cool down" within a specific time frame.  Why did I think you were
using ADI and/or HAI gear?

> These TS300 sensors show up on eBay every so often (be sure it
> includes the optional remote probe) and seem to be quite accurate and
> can be programmed.  The have both hi and low alarm setpoints.  See
> link below.
>
> http://www.ademco.com.cn/pdf/TS300%20install.pdf

Great!  Exceptionally useful.  Thanks. On a practical note, how did you run
the wires to the probe and where did you locate it in the unit?

--
Bobby G.