Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

"John, SW Missouri"  wrote ...

> I monitor our freezer in the attached garage.  I use an Ademco TS300
> with a optional remote probe which is inside the freezer.  This is a
> self defrost freezer and so it has a warm period of about 20 minutes
> each day.  I allow for this in my Elk M1G by starting a timer for 30

Even if the original poster doesn't have a full automated system, your
"window to ignore the sensor" approach could be useful.  Just set up a timer
that ignores the temperature alarm for a window or even that only looks at
it for a short time each day.

However, the poster said that this problem has happened several times in the
last 10 years.
Would not an occasional inspection and cleaning work for a lot less hassle?

--
Bill Fuhrmann