Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

"B Fuhrmann" <b-fuhrmann-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Would not an occasional inspection and cleaning work for a lot less
hassle?

Yes, if you've read down to the bitter end I reached that same conclusion.
Inspect it when I inspect the furnace filter *or* when the furnace filter
whistle sounds.  But where's the home automation fun in manual inspections?
(-:

In defense of John, his method is very useful for detecting far more than
problems than the ice dams I experience due to dog hair build-up.  One of
the very smart rat terriers has already learned that's where her food lives
and how to open the door.  Although it's hung to automatically close, if she
drags something out of it, the door sometimes remains ajar.  John's
methodology would be very useful for detecting those sorts of bad events and
I intend to implent his suggestion as well as a cheap LCD battery
thermometer with a remote probe and a high temperature alarm.

Now, does anyone know of a dog-proof aftermarket refrigerator lock!

--
Bobby G.