Re: Good Home Automation Guide for New Constructions?

Thanks, Bill and Robert!  I'm still trying to work through both of
your posts, and you've given me a lot to think about.  Some quick
things off the top of my head:

* I am definitely going to put in structured wiring, though I'm not
sure what I'm going to use the additional pairs for.
* My house isn't going to be anything monstrous (around 3400 sf.  when
all is said and done), but we're going to be there for at least 10
years, so I'm doing the HA mostly for myself instead of for resale.
*I'll definitely look into CQC. That sounds what I'm looking for for
overall control.

One question.  the "bugs" for windows and doors - would you recommend
a wired or wireless solution?

Thanks a ton....I'm sure I'll be a regular here while I try to get my
head around it.

Thanks,

Mildog