Re: Swiming pool alarm

Robert L Bass crapped:

> I'm not sure.  Somewhere around 40 or 50 I think.

So there are "40 or 50" Elk M1G's out there that have a "UL Pending"
sticker on them.  I'm sure you've told your victims...  errmmm...
customers that this of course is just as good as a "UL Listed" sticker.
  What changes did Wade have to make to the hardware/firmware to obtain
the "UL Listing", I wonder?

> The problem this gentleman faces is he has to
> pass inspection of the pool alarm.  In Florida and
> California pool alarms (or fances) are mandatory.
> The inspector will usually insist on a UL2017
> listed device.

And you're also recommending he "disconnect it" *after* the inspection
as well...  Well Gee...  That's real purfeshunal!  You wouldn't by any
chance also use the alias "Professor X", eh?

> Most inspectors will pass a residential HA or
> alarm system with the control panel displaying
> "UL Pending" which is what ELK (like every
> other maker of a new HA panel) did.

Heh...  Sure...  There's a real "fishy" smell in here.

> Please leave your insults in the security
> newsgroup, Olson.  No one here is interested
> in your war.

Please leave you "PR Posts" in the CHA newsgroup, Bass.  No one in the
security one is interested in your wares.