Re: Swiming pool alarm

"Robert L Bass"  wrote ...

> I understand the reasoning behind
> removing the alarm after the inspection.
> Many people have no children of their
> own and don't plan to have guests with
> small kids.  To them the pool alarm law
> is a nuisance.  Unfortunately, the law
> came about due to numerous tragedies.

> I can tell you what some folks I know
> have done about this.  They install
> the pool alarm is powered down or
> even removed.

> I can't exactly recommend such a
> procedure.  I can only tell you that is
> how some folks do it.  What you do in
> your own castle is well, you know.  :^)

Bob, you can't tell him here is how to do something really stupid and then
disclaim it.

How many of those tragedies came about when a child was visiting but
everyone thought, we will watch out.?
You don't know the person.  He can say all sorts of things that children
will not be there and then turn out to be running a daycare facility.
Now that you have posted it out for everyone in the world to see, some
people will read the instructions and not the disclaimer and do it with less
care.

If a tragedy happens, guess what their first thought will be - sue Bob.

--
Bill Fuhrmann