Re: New to group -- ? about DSC QP6 Kit

The QP6 consists of a
1555MX Panel (which is another name for the Power 632)
RF5501 Keypad/receiver
16volt 40 va transformer
12 volt 4 amp battery
RJ31X jack & cord
2 x WLS925 door/window transmitters
1 x WLS904 wireless motion sensor
1 x 15 watt interior siren

All the wireless components are 433 and are compatible with all the current
DSC 433 equipment.

There is no need to change to another kit, the 120 that you mentioned is the
same 1555 panel, the same keypad/receiver, same battery/transformer/siren
but it doesn't have the WLS925 transmitters or the wireless motion, instead
it has a  hardwired Bravo motion sensor.

The "kind of crap" you talk about doesn't happen fairly regularly with DSC,
they changed from 900mHz to 433mHz several years ago, that's all.

Doug