Re: New to group -- ? about DSC QP6 Kit

From: "dcalarms" <mdcalvert@xxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: comp.home.automation
Subject: New to group -- ? about DSC QP6 Kit
Date: 31 Jan 2007 20:38:10 -0800

The introduction of poorly designed, improperly threaded newsreader client
software (such as the monstrosity aol foisted on usenet) has not been
helpful.

If you had an ISP other than aol, you would probably have 'free' usenet
access through something other than www.google.com which is what you used.
(See above capture of your message header.)

Most/many ISPs provide usenet Network News Network Protocol (NNTP) access
-- not web-based like google -- which is needed to be able to use a
well-designed newsreader client app like Agent
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/support.php
which allows enormous flexibility in posting and reading.

One can also purchase NNTP access through many commercial usenet providers.

Better yet, switch ISPs to most anyone other than aol.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org