Re: New to group -- ? about DSC QP6 Kit

"dcalarms" <mdcalvert@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1170304690.732983.103840@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I appreciate the group's existence.  I have read a lot of the posts
> and I think I will learn a lot by just being able to read and exchange
> postings.  I do have a couple of questions.
>
> How do I get the new post screen to be full width so that I don't
> to hit a end-of-line Return key in order to keep the text in the
> viewable area of the screen?  I have not had to do that since
> I last operated a KSR-33 Teletype Terminal in the 70's.
>
> Is there any way the forum owner can change the lay out at the
> bottom of the new post screen?  I took a long time to write and then
> edit a previous version of this message and then, while trying to
> "tab-over" as an indentation, I accidentally skipped to the "Post
> Message" button and whoops!, it was gone.  Maybe, if you can put
> at least one intermediary box in between the last text in a new post
> and the "Post Message" box, dolts like me would not post an
> incomplete posting and not be able to find it to edit it.

Understand that you are posting to usenet, which is carried over many many
servers and accessed in a variety of different ways. I, for example, use
Outlook Express as my newsreader. Many people use google, still others use
different web-based clients for access. If you don't like the way one
particular newsreader is formatted, try another.

Other than that, I hope you find comp.home.automation to be informative and
helpful. I sure have! (sorry, I am unfamiliar with the products about which
you are inquiring.)