Re: Computer control of an audio multiplexor

"Joe User" <axyz@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
jagb25-gkj.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I am trying to multiplex a number of radios into the 'Line In' on my
> computer sound card.
>
> I want to send commands from the PC, through the RS232 serial port, or
> the USB.
>
> I want the radio signals to be switched according to the commands from my
> PC.
>
> I need the switching to be 6 stereo signals to 1 stereo signal.
>
> Has anyone done this?  What is the cheapest, easiest and most flexible
> way to do this?
>
> I've never used X10 stuff, and would like to avoid it, if I could easily
> do this with a simple USB device.

the use of a parallel port would be a lot better then a serial port..

just by sending a special character to the parallel port would trig one of
the 8 bit of the port,this would in turn control some small relay that could
switch an audio selector, noting too complicated to do...

the worst part would be to make the program that would send the good
character to the printer port..(for me)