Speaker distribution question

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find an answer
to my exact question.

I'm thinking of using a speaker distribution box (e.g. http://tinyurl.com/35zdth)
to distribute audio to rooms where I don't have an impedance matching
volume control. I have an old Sony receiver that states it can "accept
speakers of 8-16 ohms". The amp section states, among other things,
that dynamic power is "55W + 55W (4 ohms at 1 kHz IHF)" . Note that
the speaker distribution box appears to the amp as though it has a 4
ohm load.

My question: will use of this box burn out my amp?

Thanks for the help.

Lee Elson