Re: Induction Cook top - Any X10 interference?

Robert L Bass

>I haven't tried an induction range so I can't comment on that.  Do those require specialized cookware or would my stainless stuff
>work?

The inductive stove tops require a magnetically susceptible pans &
pots.   So steel works fine, cast iron works grreat.  Aluminum won't
work.  Neither will copper.   But I think there were some Aluminum
pots and pans with steel bottom inserts that can be used.

As for your stainless steel, it depends on the quality of the
stainless.  If it is the harder less corrosion resistant "martensitic"
stainless, then it is somewhat magnetic and will be heated by the
induction stove top's magnetic fields.

But if the cookware is the "better" corrosion resistant grade
"Austenitic" stainless, it is non-magnetic and will not work with the
induction stove top.

You can use a refridgerator magnet to do your testing.

hths

ClamRake