Re: About to build house, advice needed.

You can never have too much wire!  In my home I ran a minimum of 2 cat
5e + (usually) 1 RG-6 cables to every wall in every room, to every
closet, and to upper wall (near ceiling) wherever a plasma screen TV
might be mounted - including all bedrooms and the kitchen.  I ran 16ga
speaker wire to everyplace I might want a speaker as well as to
potential volume control locations.  I also ran alarm wire to doors and
cat5e to control locations. Except for the TV, speaker and alarm wiring
I use cat5e for everything else including security cameras. Baluns are a
cheap and effective way to carry CCTV signals to locations where I don't
have RG-6.  Don't forget to run a cat5e and an RG-6 to the bathrooms for
TV's and throne phones.
 Although more and more can be done with wireless I still like to have
the hardwire installed.