Re: CM11A lockup (broadcast storm)

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:pV4yi.44518$ax1.5889@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The XTB-IIR will shut off its transmitter in response to a 'broadcast
> storm".  Two thresholds are available.  One allows a burst of about 80
> commands in a minute, or a continuous average of 15 per minute.  A higher
> threshold allows a burst of about 160, or an average of 30 per minute.  In
> either case the XTB-IIR transmitter will re-enable itself after 10 seconds
> of clear line.

Nearly missed this in the "broadcast storm" of MI5 bushwa!

Your parameters sound quite reasonable.  What does the process for updating
the firmware entail?  (I'm assuming that my unit's firmware *can* be
updated!)

> The LED flashes continuously in response to a storm.  I had planned to
issue
> a STATUS OFF out the digital port when a storm occurred, but it may be
more
> useful to return the actual traffic on the powerline.  Thoughts?

Whatever it takes to immediately ring a bell or sound a buzzer without the
X-10 storm blocking the alerting signal!  If you're thinking Ocelot, then
whatever would end up reacting to the simplest of CMAX programs.  Sounds
like the Status Off flag would be simpler than parsing the actual traffic.

--
Bobby G.

> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Once again, an X-10 "broadcast storm" detector would have been a very
> > useful
> > device to have.  I was sitting in my office, surfing and I began hearing
> > random appliance modules going on and off.  Every ControlLinc Maxi I
> > checked
> > showed monitor LEDs flashing but this was something different than the
> > typical stuck button lockup.  The LEDs were not on constantly as they
are
> > when there's a stuck button.  Also, legit wireless and PLC command
> > *occasionally* managed to get through.
> >
> > I got the Monterey analyzer and it showed something incredibly weird.
The