Re: Chattering Super Sockets

news:46321dd6.1348598640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >I'm going to first plug in loads to both outlets, then switch the units
> >codes and then yank the units.  Throughout the years I've seen chattering
> >come and go in various modules so I am more than a little curious as to
> >whether this is just a cam issue or some interaction problem.  What
torques
> >me the most is that I *could* have easily tested them in tandem before I
> >installed them.  It will be interesting to see if it indeed was on its
last
> >legs and just happened to break *after* I climbed the ladder and screwed
> >them in tight.
>
> Could this be mechanical stress on the modules that was absent when you
> tested in "free air"?

That would seem to be the answer but it's difficult to see exactly how.  I'm
going to go into it further in the next few days.  I know PC's (especially
laptops!) seem to run differently when the cover's on or off, but I wouldn't
expect a wall outlet to.  I'm wonder if gravity and the orientation of the
module has an effect.  If I test it with the outlet facing down, the way it
first chattered, and it chatters again, even with the cover off, it may very
well be gravity that's the culprit.  That doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy
feeling!

--
Bobby G.