Re: monitor video from 2 miles away

<sky_diver_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1176740314.541324.129630@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for the info Bobby. While I was waiting for a response I
> stumbled upon a college research project that explored USB WiFi
> dongles and how to extend their range (http://
> www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/). Apparently by modifying a wok skimmer you
> can get 1-8 miles LOS.
>
> Your suggestion looks good, but I'll have to try the WokFi version
> first. :)

By all means.  You did specify cost-effective.  I'd do some historical
research, though, on when the crimes occur.  If these thieves use the cover
of bad weather, a long-range solution might have the same problems as DishTV
during a heavy rain and may result in dropouts at critical times.  I think a
lot will depend on the parabolicity(?) of your wok skimmer and how sturdily
you can mount it.  (-:

--
Bobby G.