Re: X10 Controller Question

"Brian Staff" <brianstaffRemoveMe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:S5zUh.158217$115.131211@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The current X10 controller (X10 Pro 4 station) that I have has no LEDs on
> it.
>
> Just to make the issue clear here...I need to see the status of the remote
> device displayed at the controller (in the house)...not an the remote
> device itself.
>
> BTW - I looked the Leviton web site and it`s not obvious (to me at least)
> whether Leviton products are X10 compatible...are they?

The original Leviton 4-switch controller didn't have LEDs either.  I
understand the LEDs were first included on the 6400.  Some people reported
reliability problems with that unit, and it was replaced by the 16400.  Our
16400s have worked flawlessly for almost 4 years.  It has since been
superceded by newer models, but the 16400 is still available.  I prefer the
look of the 16400, and it provides the ability to label each of the
switches.  The 16400 is the "Uni-Base" which interfaces to the line.  It
also requires a 16450-series keypad that provides 1 to 4 switches.

Leviton uses "Decora Home Controls" (DHC) to describe their X10 compatible
devices.

Jeff