Re: Distribution of video signal to multiple TV using a matrix

"C" <thespade13YOUneed2removethis@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thank you for your reply.  I am glad to know that composite video can be
> carried over a cable that long.  One thing settled.
>

> As for using an F to RCA adaptor, I tried and it is not working.  That was
> my first idea.  What I will end up doing, now that I kow that component
> video over a 50ft cable iw ok is the following:
>
> Drawing of my setup:
> http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/102/videodistributionv1ll1.jpg

I have something similar, with different tuners available to different TVs.
My question for you, though: Wouldn't it be just as easy to run coax/CATV to
each room along with the composite? That way each TV could use its own built
in tuner per your original request. I don't know how you're controlling the
matrix from each room, but it's going to add complexity and expense that
running coax wouldn't.

There are good reasons to distribute video -- for example, we share a Tivo
through the whole house. It's cool to be able to pull up programs from
anywhere. I don't think three tuners sitting in a closet somewhere seems as
useful.