Re: Distribution of video signal to multiple TV using a matrix

C wrote:

> How do I feed the matrix with standard cable (input #1)?   What I would like

You can't.

The matrix switch handles COMPOSITE video and stereo audio. What you
seem to be referring to as "standard cable" is an radio frequency (RF)
signal where the video and audio are combined and modulated. The two are
not compatible.

A RCA to F adapter is designed to allow you to run composite video or
audio over a coax cable terminated with F connectors. This adapter will
not convert RF signals to composite video/audio or vice versa.

> to have is that the input go into the matrix then to multiples TV and have
> each TV on a different channel.  That would mean that the original signal,
> the one that carries 'all channels' on the coax from the cable provider is:
>    1) changed into Composite video and audio;
>    2) processed by the matrix;
>    3) spitted out of the matrix to multiples outputs;
>    4) carried to the multiples tv;
>    5) each tv can select the channel.
>
> Is that possible?  Any idea how I can acheive that?

Ditch the matrix switch and modulate everything. The video will not look
as good but you will have more options.

 From you drawing it looks like the only thing you really need to add
are modulators for the digital cable box and DVD. My inclination would
be to use a 1x6 splitter for the incoming cable then a 2x1 combiner
(splitter turned backwards) to combine one of the 1x6 outputs and the
output of a 2 channel modulator. Feed that signal into a 1x2 splitter to
feed TV2 & TV3.