Re: Distribution of video signal to multiple TV using a matrix

"C" <thespade13YOUneed2removethis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I feed the matrix with standard cable (input #1)?   What I would
> like to have is that the input go into the matrix then to multiples TV and
> have each TV on a different channel.  That would mean that the original
> signal, the one that carries 'all channels' on the coax from the cable
> provider is:
>   1) changed into Composite video and audio;
>   2) processed by the matrix;
>   3) spitted out of the matrix to multiples outputs;
>   4) carried to the multiples tv;
>   5) each tv can select the channel.
>
> Is that possible?  Any idea how I can acheive that?

It depends on the switcher. If it is a simple switch contact matrix, it is
possible that it will work. The matrix would simply be acting as a passive
RF splitter. But it's possible that the matrix is doing any number of things
to the signal, so it could trash the modulated video. Try it and find out!
Just use an F to RCA adaptor.

> A side question to my problem: is 50ft too long to carry composite video?

No. I regularily run composite video 500'. If it starts to get fuzzy, throw
in an amp.