Re: Do X10 modules degrade over time?

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:07:51 GMT, Joerg <notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> switches are all fine and consistent. Some are in the same box as the
> power outlets that failing lamp or appliance modules were plugged into.
> IOW on the very same physical node so they should receive the same
> signal strength and noise.

You'd think...

Whatever is going on re. X-10, I'd strongly recommend whole-house surge
protection.  I quite like the Delta LA line in the main and any/all sub-
panels.  (IIRC, LA-302R is what I used).  But I also have scattered MOVs
all around (three in each spot, hot-neutral, hot-ground, neutral-ground).

Contrary to popular opinion, not all powerline problems originate
outside and come inside via the main panel.  Check out the sag when your
central A.C.  compressor starts up on a hot day.  Or the spike of
inductive kick when it (or any motor) turns off.

And of course, make certain your panel electrical connections are solid.
Especially neutral and ground.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com