Re: Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:49:57 -0400, Keith Williams <krw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <84hcz9880e.fsf@xxxxxxxxx>, t@xxxxxxxxx says...
>> Start pushing video or a large volume of photos across to a network
>> drive on a home network like many media creators do, or appreciate how

That's the issue I have, and why I'm planning for more copper.  I can
stream mp3 over 802.11b with no problem.  Video was iffy, so I switched
to 801.11g.  No video is pretty decent, but I find myself wanting to
copy 1gb to 8gb files between systems.  Time for copper.

Before purchasing this place I had plans to build and wire oodles of
cat-5 everywhere.  In spite of the advances in wireless, for anyone
building or extensive remodeling I _strongly_ recommend copper in the
walls.  Wireless is great for its niche, OK most times, but copper is
great most times so put it in if you can!  It is trivial to add wireless
if you want to try it or need it for its niche.  Copper if you can.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com