Re: Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

In article <8464fpfa1t.fsf@xxxxxxxxx>, t@xxxxxxxxx says...
> "Pat" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't use a "pre-N" or "N"
> > wireless network?  They are getting faster and stronger all the time.
> >
> > I just put a "G" repeater in my mother's garage because the signal she
> > gets from my brother's house was a little weak.  Works really well.
>
> Data rate and security are two reasons copper isn't dead.

Neither one is a big deal for 99.44% of home systems, though I see
a lot of open networks around.  I have mine configured for
encryption, only listen to my laptops' MACs, and doesn't broadcast
its SSID.  54Mbps is faster than my cable modem.  Good 'nuff.

--
  Keith