Re: X10 AGC and Insteon

news:453cd54d.889944843@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I would sample outside the X-10 and Insteon windows.

It turns out that wasn't as simple as it first appeared.

It was easy to sample between zero-crossing Insteon/X10 windows, and that
worked perfectly for X10 data from the Ocelot.  However, nothing was
received from a palm pad.

It turns out the extraneous 3-phase transmissions from the RR501 appear as
noise in the AGC window, and the AGC dutifully reduces sensitivity so that
X10 signal is ignored.  I guess that shows the AGC is working.

The solution may be to just sample during the first half of the Insteon
window for each half cycle.  If the XTB-II tunes out any Insteon "noise", it
might even be able to receive a strong X10 signal occurring at the same
time.  If the Insteon signal is as strong as the X10 signal, the message
would be rejected anyway due to collisions.

Jeff