Re: Whole house generators (slightly OT)

> Robert, Thank you VERY much. I'm actually the guy from both Hawaii and Texas. The Hawaii home is where I need the big generator
> for an 8500sf home.  The strip will be used to reboot things in TX from HI.

Ah, pardon the confusion.  For that Hawaiian *hotel* perhaps you really do need a big genset.  Whatever you do, be sure to use
auto-start, auto-transfer.  Otherwise, if you're on the mainland and a problem happens your freezers will thaw -- not so good.

The big sets are mostly enclosed in very quiet housings so it may not be necessary to build a home for it.  If you decide to make it
part of the house, be sure to implement a negative pressure exhaust for the compartment.  It is also essential that the muffler be
located far from any possible return air leaks.  I built a 22-foot chimney around the muffler of my Winco because (1) the thing was
really loud and (2) I wanted to be certain the fumes couldn't drift back into the house.  CO is nasty stuff.  I also installed
Macurco CO detectors in each room abutting the area where the genset was.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics