Re: Controlling Holiday Lights

> Why not use MIDI?  There's a very inexpensive controller that you could
> build (midibox.org) that will give 128 inputs and outputs.  More can
> be added by just daisy chaining more controllers on the MIDI cable.
> You can program with free MIDI sequencing software.   You'd also have
> the capability of syncing easily to a sound track!

Good point, John.  One of my favorite Christmas displays is about three miles down Proctor Rd from my home in Sarasota.  There are
something like 400,000 (really) lights on all kinds of moving displays.  Everything is sequenced to a MIDI soundtrack playing
traditional Christmas hymns through speakers hidden in the trees.  The entire theme is really about Christmas -- no Santa and no
reindeer.  Every year they add to the display.  It's a pretty famous light show, attracting visitors from all over the world every
year.  This is a private home, by the way.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics